FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
What Massa says about there never being any overtaking on that corner. Well that's quite true. But normally cars take a nice line around that corner to avoid getting overtaken. Watch Raikkonen's line, it's pathetic. I can only assume he was really struggling for grip. I have to give him benefit of the doubt because i know he's got tallent. I beleive that if Hamilton didn't cut the chicane, and then Raikkonen took the haripin just as he did do, then Hamilton still would have made a pass on him there. Or atleast would have been side by side out of the corner, giving him a great chance of taking the lead through Eu Rouge (reminiscent of Alonso's pass on Hamilton at the start last year).

Atleast all the drivers admit the penalty was harsh.
Where's the Webber... he usually says something about these things.

I was just thinking about Webber coming out and having his say because he was the first driver to have a go at Mad Max in the umpalumpa scandal but he's probably more likely to have a go at Kovalainen for his attempted pass. We need Sutil's opinion because he is "really really good friends" with Lewis. :P

yikes, are they holdinghands there?
I don't think the drivers who have said these things are lying, but since they are on the side of the stewards they won't fear any consequences. It's the drivers who have a problem with the stewards ruling who would fear future problems from speaking out, so if some drivers feel Hamilton's been hard done by but aren't prepared to say so I don't blame them.

Exactly.

At the same time, those who have said anything are the usual culprits.
I don't think Massa is gonna support Hamilton.
I don't think Alonso is gonna support Hamilton.
And well Trulli... he just wants some attention.

I agree with you about Massa and Alonso. The former is desperate to win a title and will sacrifice his principles to do so or con himself into believing he actually won the Belgian Grand Prix, and the latter is a bitter cockroach, furious that he was beaten by a rookie in 2007 and that his plan to blackmail McLaren backfired. Trulli is spouting his usual safety trash, probably believing that Hamilton's move could have killed half of the drivers in the Grand Prix. As for Webber, I'm really surprised he hasn't said anything about the weekend, either about the said incident or Kovalainen's (pathetic) "attempt" to pass him.
By EwanM
I don't think the drivers who have said these things are lying, but since they are on the side of the stewards they won't fear any consequences. It's the drivers who have a problem with the stewards ruling who would fear future problems from speaking out, so if some drivers feel Hamilton's been hard done by but aren't prepared to say so I don't blame them.

Exactly.

At the same time, those who have said anything are the usual culprits.
I don't think Massa is gonna support Hamilton.
I don't think Alonso is gonna support Hamilton.
And well Trulli... he just wants some attention.

I agree with you about Massa and Alonso. The former is desperate to win a title and will sacrifice his principles to do so or con himself into believing he actually won the Belgian Grand Prix, and the latter is a bitter cockroach, furious that he was beaten by a rookie in 2007 and that his plan to blackmail McLaren backfired. Trulli is spouting his usual safety trash, probably believing that Hamilton's move could have killed half of the drivers in the Grand Prix. As for Webber, I'm really surprised he hasn't said anything about the weekend, either about the said incident or Kovalainen's (pathetic) "attempt" to pass him.

Since when did you have to go on the attack?
I'm just bitching about their motives for coming out with the garbage they did. :)
By EwanM
I'm just bitching about their motives for coming out with the garbage they did. :)

Yeah, but with alot of anger.
I'm not gonna start arguing with you mate, I hold too much respect for that, but the entire world ain't out against Mclaren. People just seem to be getting more and more enraged with every post... What happened to the times where people on this forum just grin and bear other people's outbursts or views, just outta respect?

I'm not gonna start arguing with you mate, I hold too much respect for that, but the entire world ain't out against Mclaren. People just seem to be getting more and more enraged with every post... What happened to the times where people on this forum just grin and bear other people's outbursts or views, just outta respect?

I'm not attacking you. I'm just annoyed about what those drivers said. They are meant to be racers and sportsmen, but they are allowing their political and personal motives to cloud their judgement.
By EwanM

I'm not gonna start arguing with you mate, I hold too much respect for that, but the entire world ain't out against Mclaren. People just seem to be getting more and more enraged with every post... What happened to the times where people on this forum just grin and bared other people's outbursts or views, just outta respect?

I'm not attacking you. I'm just annoyed about what those drivers said. They are meant to be racers and sportsmen, but they are allowing their political and personal motives to cloud their judgement.

I know that, but even so personal motives can be seen throughout this forum. There isn't any respect for views anymore. It's become more of a playground scrape than much else. I haven't voiced my opinion on the incident because I felt anything I said would probably be refuted. It seems that people have taken what has happened very personally and have turned this into a matter of personal importance. None of us work for the teams we support, none of us even work with the formula 1 circus, but's a war has been brewing where instead of taking an answer into consideration, its poster has been told to shut the f*** up. People are growing tired of it, there were always clashes of opinion and loyalties but it was usually taken with a pinch of salt. Now you're scared to even try to make a joke without setting the guns off. It's like the trenches have been dug, etc etc.
I know alot of people take a great interest in the sport and everything about it, but this has to stop. There's nothing wrong with expressing displeasure about the FIA or Ferrari (edit: or any other team) but personal insults need to stop. That is from all sides.

Even the Sutil Virgin thread was more appealing...
By bud

i laughed at Alonso saying the stewards are always right

forgot you did that then Fern - Monza 06? :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!