FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Q: (Ian Parkes - The Press Association) Question to Jarno and Adrian: I’m just wondering if you two guys have settled your differences after your exchange of words following your first lap accident in Brazil?
JT: I think we’re going to discuss it probably tomorrow in the drivers’ briefing and in the GPDA briefing. Obviously it was very disappointing to end the race like that, especially on the first lap. Obviously I think I had every reason to be extremely furious. I’ve got all the evidence to show that I was there, I was next to him, so I think tomorrow we are going to discuss it.
AS: I think there’s nothing to discuss. It was a quite obvious incident. In the end it was very disappointing for myself, even more, I think, because I was the one who was just driving and he lost control of his car and crashed in my back, so it was not my problem, it was his problem. I don’t know why he’s freaking out like that, to be honest.
JT: (Laughing) If you want, I can show you some pictures. I don’t know if you’re blind but they clearly show you that my front wing is next to your front wing, so…
AS: Yeah, but you’re trying to overtake me on the outside on the kerbing. There was not a problem…
JT: So you mean… you didn’t move there…
AS: No, you were just not going off the power. The same happened in Barcelona where you lost control again and crashed again into a Force India car. You just have to sometimes also…
JT: I just lost…
AS: ...expect the limits of the car. If there’s no way to go, you have to back off, that’s how racing is, and I don’t know how long you want to learn it.
JT: In Barcelona I spun and he hit me because he tapped the kerb, he completely cut the circuit and he didn’t slow down, so basically… Anyway, I think it’s better…
FA: (to KR) Shall we go?
AS: No, no. Watch the race in Barcelona. I didn’t hit you, you hit me. I don’t know what’s the problem, but maybe your eyes are a problem.
JT: I don’t have any feeling about him.
AS: I don’t understand, really, sorry.

Q: (Alan Baldwin - Reuters) I was actually going to ask a similar question, but maybe the two of you can agree on what you said after the incident in Brazil, because obviously Jarno was seen to be gesticulating and saying quite a few things. Could you just tell us what was said at the time?
JT: I was furious because I said ‘didn’t you see me?’ I mean, I was next to him and he kept pushing me going outside until I was obviously on the kerbs. I couldn’t believe…
AS: …the kerbs, not a problem to be on the kerb, I think. Where’s the problem?
JT: Ok, no problem, it’s OK. As long as we know the rules.
AS: I know the rules.
JT: Fantastic.

Q: (Andrea Cremonesi - La Gazzetta dello Sport) Fernando, you were behind these two guys. Could you give us your point of view and Kimi, we heard something about you taking a sabbatical next year in 2010. Is that true, it’s an option or not?
KR: I can if I want. I can do whatever I want, but like I said before, I haven’t made my decision what I want to do yet.
FA: Yes, I saw everything, more or less. Second or third row, because I had two cars in front of me but as Jarno said, I think tomorrow in the drivers’ briefing we will discuss… deep.

This is bloody hilarious you might want to see, according to me Jarno was wrong but...
I'd be interested to see the pictures Jarno is talking about, as although Sutil is normally an accident waiting to happen, on this occasion having watched the incident from multiple angles, I don't see Trulli's point at all. He was squeezed but decided to stay on the power anyway rather than backing off. Fair enough for him if it works and he gets in front, but his fault if he causes an accident.

Funny transcript! :)
Jarno is blinded by his bias toward himself. He was far enough ahead relative to Adrian so he figured Adrian had to lift and let him past. But who's to say who was ahead of whom? Adrian could easily say he was far enough ahead relative to Jarno but he didn't. If anything Adrian being on the inside if you want to get technical probably would have the rights, but it wasn't really a pass manoever by either, just racing and it happened to be a curve. Adrian likely slid gradually outward by virtue of his speed, but jarno thinks Adrian was deliberately pushing him off the track.

Having said all that, am I the only one who thinks Adrian re-entered the track recklessly and got in the way of Aloso unnecesarily? Or did he just have no control? I figure he had some control because he appeared to be able to straighten out without much trouble right before Alonso hit him.

Fernando Alonso (to Kimi Raikkonen) : Shall we go?

:hehe:

along with the lack of a reply.

Until I reached the end of the transcipt I presumed there was no reply because Kimi had already left!

Hahah off for a drink.
Interesting, I want to see it and hear the raised voices!
I dont get why Jarno is still pissed about something that was his own doing. Pull your head out of your arse already.

Dang straight Spicolli!
I dont get why Jarno is still pissed about something that was his own doing. Pull your head out of your arse already.

Dang straight Spicolli!

X2

Jarno was on the outside and not on the "preferred racing line" thus Sutil had the corner proper and could do with it as he saw fit. Maybe Jarno should just concentrate on his vineyard because he apparently lost the plot with this tirade. Don't get me wrong I semi-like Jarno but I cannot stand a whining biatch of which he has become as of late.

JMHO

See our F1 related articles too!