FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By texasmr2
The '88 GP of Monza was, only IMO :wink: , truelly a gift from God to the tifosi and my american mate Eddie Cheever finished 3rd, it was a good day. Man I love that circuit it's alway's very exciting.
Last edited by texasmr2 on 01 Feb 08, 18:26, edited 1 time in total.
By darwin dali
The '88 GP of Monza was truelly a gift from God to the tifosi

Not a fact - don't present things as fact w/o actually proving they're fact. So, somtin' like I believe or I think preceding your statement would have been more than appropriate :wink:
By 7UpJordan
The '88 GP of Monza was truelly a gift from God to the tifosi and my american mate Eddie Cheever finished 3rd, it was a good day. Man I love that circuit it's alway's very exciting.

Cheever was probably the best American F1 driver after the great Mario Andretti, and was often very unlucky as opposed to drivers like Michael Andretti (in 1993) and Scott Speed.
By texasmr2
The '88 GP of Monza was truelly a gift from God to the tifosi

Not a fact - don't present things as fact w/o actually proving they're fact. So, somtin' like I believe or I think preceding your statement would have been more than appropriate :wink:

Thank's for the head's up :wink::lol: and I have edited my statement appropriately. :)
By texasmr2
The '88 GP of Monza was truelly a gift from God to the tifosi and my american mate Eddie Cheever finished 3rd, it was a good day. Man I love that circuit it's alway's very exciting.

Cheever was probably the best American F1 driver after the great Mario Andretti, and was often very unlucky as opposed to drivers like Michael Andretti (in 1993) and Scott Speed.

So very very true as Eddie had to deal with the very powerful, yet mostly un-reliable, 1.5ltr BMW turbo for alot of year's. That boost knob back then was very 'touchy' and very 'inaccurate' and anyone who has driven turbo car's know that less than a few additional pound's of boost can mean an end to your day.
By AKR
7upJordan wrote : Maybe you should get her a copy of the 1988 season review video.

Why not just stab me in the heart! ok maybe not but that year would of been like a big atomic bomb being dropped. TERRIBLE. Yes Ferrari 1 and 2 at Monza. A win (after I watched it on video) that I couldn't believe. McLaren dominated the whole race and eventually both dropped out like flies. You see divine intervention exists because Enzo had just died about a week or so before and his cars won at Monza against all odds. See that is proof that Ferrari is divine. That race is the stuff of Legend. That race and season was before my time, but reading and watching the season as part of my learning of history, when I could see all those crushing terrible McLaren wins, Ferrari coming 1 and 2 at Monza against all odds after the death of the great man himself has truly got to be legendary. This is something McLaren can never aspire to be. Ferrari achieved a legendary moment in a season where everything was about McLaren. This is what makes it even more legendary. But talking about seasons. How about something more recent. Lets see the 2002 season. :D Ferrari wins 15 races that year as well, equalling McLaren's 1988 record. Now in that season I was around to watch every race and watch them live. Now that was a far better moment then when McLaren did it in 1988 as it was all about Ferrari. Oh and did McLaren manage to achive anything legendary during the wrath of Ferrari back then. Answer is no. That is because no divine intervention is ever going to help McLaren out. McLaren not worth ever being legendary either. In F1 Legendary can only equal FERRARI.
By 7UpJordan
Lets see the 2002 season. :D Ferrari wins 15 races that year as well, equalling McLaren's 1988 record. Now in that season I was around to watch every race and watch them live. Now that was a far better moment then when McLaren did it in 1988 as it was all about Ferrari.

In 1988 when McLaren were flattening the opposition, we saw both Prost and Senna battling each other on track and Senna forcing Prost almost into the pit wall at Estoril as he was passed by him. In 2002 when Ferrari were flattening the opposition, we saw Barrichello letting Schumacher through at the A1-Ring and we all know what happened then...

I think I'd choose 1988 over 2002 any day, we at least got to see the team-mates battling it out.
By McLaren Fan
Lets see the 2002 season. :D Ferrari wins 15 races that year as well, equalling McLaren's 1988 record.

*Ahem* I think you will find the McLaren have a higher percentage of wins than the Ferrari, as well as more pole positions and maybe the same number of fastest laps. Further, whereas the Ferrari F2002's dominance faded in the final part of the season, nobody looked like beating the McLaren MP4/4, in fact a took a back marker to shunt Senna off the track for Ferrari to secure their win at the 1988 Italian Grand Prix.
See that is proof that Ferrari is divine... That race is the stuff of Legend... Ferrari coming 1 and 2 at Monza against all odds after the death of the great man himself has truly got to be legendary... This is something McLaren can never aspire to be... Ferrari achieved a legendary moment in a season where everything was about McLaren. This is what makes it even more legendary... But talking about seasons... How about something more recent... That is because no divine intervention is ever going to help McLaren out... McLaren not worth ever being legendary either... In F1 Legendary can only equal FERRARI.

Yes, you're right. Ferrari need all the help they can get to win. You have to be careful with all this divine intervention stuff, for Max Mosley may start thinking you mean him, given that he helps Ferrari.
By AKR
McLaren Fan, you are full of s***! Look at these stats (from Wikipedia.org) and you'll also see Ferrari has the highest percentage in wins along with very much everything else. Camon! Bring it on!!!!!! Bring it on any day as I'll have an answer to anything you say.........

Records

The Ferrari team has achieved unparalleled success in Formula One. Ferrari cars and Ferrari drivers have also won the Mille Miglia 8 times, the Targa Florio 7 times, and the 24 hours of Le Mans 9 times. In F1, Ferrari has the unique distinction of owning nearly all significant records (as of the 2007 Brazilian Grand Prix), including:

* Most constructor championships: 15
* Most driver championships: 15
* Most wins (all-time): 201
* Most wins (season): 15 (tied with McLaren)
* Most podiums (all-time): 603
* Most podiums (season): 29
* Most pole positions (all-time): 195
* Most points (all-time): 4,753.27
* Most points (season): 262
* Highest winning percentage: ~26% (for teams with at least 10 wins)

In 2004, Ferrari also surpassed Ford as the most successful F1 engine manufacturer, with 182 wins (to Ford's 176 wins). Due to the availability of the Cosworth V8 to private teams, a total of 6,639 Ford-powered cars were entered between 1967 and 2004, compared to 1,979 starts for Ferrari and Petronas-badged engines during the same period.
By 7UpJordan
In fact a took a back marker to shunt Senna off the track for Ferrari to secure their win at the 1988 Italian Grand Prix.

And that was none other than Jean Louis Schlesser covering for Nigel Mansell who had caught chickenpox off his kids. Even if Mansell wasn't ill and had been racing somebody else like De Cesaris or Alliot especially could have shunted Senna off whilst being lapped as they had a habit of doing such a thing back then.
By McLaren Fan
McLaren Fan, you are full of s***! Look at these stats (from Wikipedia.org) and you'll also see Ferrari has the highest percentage in wins along with very much everything else. Camon! Bring it on!!!!!! Bring it on any day as I'll have an answer to anything you say..........

I'm talking about the McLaren MP4/4 versus the Ferrari F2002, not overall records. :roll: I've something to say about them anyway. Factor in that McLaren have competed in less Grands Prix and a little political tinkering from the FIA and you'll find Ferrari's statistics aren't as clear cut and rosy as you portray them.
By AKR
McLaren fan wrote : I'm talking about the McLaren MP4/4 versus the Ferrari F2002, not overall records. Rolling Eyes I've something to say about them anyway. Factor in that McLaren have competed in less Grands Prix and a little political tinkering from the FIA and you'll find Ferrari's statistics aren't as clear cut and rosy as you portray them.

Boli me piÄ
By bud
[quote="AKR"]

Boli me piÄ
By AKR
Bud wrote : De 'n aois a tha thu.......... Rolling Eyes

What does that mean? You can actually speak another language other than English? Wow that is got to be a world first from an Australian who is not of first generation emigrant descent.

By bud
why do you assume im not of first generation emigrant? that is Gaelic my mum was born in Scotland

and do you not know that it is compulsary in Australian schools to study another language? so your comment in large is stupid as per usual AKR style ;)

See our F1 related articles too!