FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Lem
Great to get F1 back on the BBC, I hope they bring back "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac as the legendary intro music. :D

Haha!! Forgot all about that 8)
Great to get F1 back on the BBC, I hope they bring back "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac as the legendary intro music. :D

I love that song to bad the BBC does not air F1 here in the US so I could see and hear that intro :cry: .

That would be excellent!!

I was about to say so myself. 8)
Apart from the ads ITV`s coverage has been top class.

I just hope the BBC do a better job of this then they do with other sports they show for example when they have football on the program starts five minutes before the start and then ends five minutes after "brundle would not have time to talk to one driver" will they just show the race or will we get the days coverage leading up to the race..
Excellent news.

My dream BBC line-up...
Ted Kravitz, Martin Brundle and Suzi Perry in the pitlane with Jonathan Pearce (Robot Wars/Ch5 football) and David Coulthard in the commentary box. Pearce could make snail racing sound exciting, and DC would be great for his occasional rants.
Richard Hammond (With help from Clarkson and May) of Top Gear will be presenting a Top Gear-styled pre- and post- race with commentary from Martin Brundle and either Jonathan Ledgard or David Croft is what it's looking like. And I like the sounds of that myself. Just so long as they get someone good for the pitlane during races, like Kravitz for example.
as much as i like top gear i dont think clarkson would be a good choice

Clarkson and May are up in the air, Hammond is virtually a dead cert though apparently.
Hammond doesn't even like F1, only Clarkson likes it out of the Top Gear team

no i think hammond changed his mind after testing the renault, well at least he has respect for it
Doesn't matter anyway, Rosenthal did the Rugby World Cup that year England won it and you could virtually see him putting away the "Rugby for Dummies" book he'd been speed reading in the ad breaks.

Plus, it seems Richard likes F1 more lately and it's also possible that the dislike was slightly exaggerated anyway. Not made up, but exaggerated.

And since the BBC have him on an expensive, multi-year deal, it's a good move for them.

See our F1 related articles too!