FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Perhaps.

David Croft deserves his big break onto the TV scene.

I have listened to him a few times when I got bored of James "Bing Bang Bong" Allen.

I can't see Murray as a pundit really, his talent is behind the microphone, probably like you said, the Euro races.
Perhaps.

David Croft deserves his big break onto the TV scene.

I have listened to him a few times when I got bored of James "Bing Bang Bong" Allen.

I can't see Murray as a pundit really, his talent is behind the microphone, probably like you said, the Euro races.

David croft is very good and i agree that stepping up from radio would be what he deserves.
I think the Top Gear crew would be cool, because I love that show!!

No. As much as I like Top Gear, their style is not suited to something like this. I'm worried that they would try to add in so much ridiculous humour which, whilst it might work in Top Gear, would just spoil the F1 coverage.

No. As much as I like Top Gear, their style is not suited to something like this. I'm worried that they would try to add in so much ridiculous humour which, whilst it might work in Top Gear, would just spoil the F1 coverage.

All clarkson would say is POWERRRRRRRRR

the bbc are not that stupid in that they would allow the same kind of stuff they do on top gear get involved in serious race reporting. Hammond could do the serious interviews along with the coverage and clarkson could do the pit walk. I'd love to see that
The Top Gear involvement would just be to liven up the coverage. They wouldn't be doing the stuff they do on Top Gear, just presenting in their style
Oh pshaw, how can yo make sports coverage conservative? Besides, if that were the case, the yanks would bitch and moan nonstop about News Corp doing it to their coverage.
The latest rumours have surfaced about next years coverage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... -seat.html

ITV motor racing pundit Martin Brundle, regarded as one of the best TV analysts of any sport, is a candidate to host BBC's F1 coverage, which begins next year.

The Beeb, who intend to have their TV team in place by the end of August in order to have plenty of time to prepare for their March 2009 start, are considering using Brundle as anchor even if it means losing his co-commentator skills.

However, the BBC will have to pay more than seven figures-a-year to attract Brundle, who is not only well aware of his own worth but also of the £1million-plus annual salaries paid to soccer studio men Alan Hansen and Gary Lineker.

Retiring F1 pilot David Coulthard is almost certain to be one of the pundits, while former Five Live GP commentator Jonathan Legard is favourite to call the races.

BBC's football chief and new motor racing supremo, Niall Sloane, made his first visit to a Grand Prix at Silverstone since the Beeb won back the rights.

He had two years' experience of F1 as commentary box producer - a job that required more than just keeping the microphone steady for motormouth legend Murray Walker.

See our F1 related articles too!