FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Bloody Bloody hell!!!!! Just booked holiday to Istanbul and south coast of Turkey for two weeks returning on 31st of August. Miss it by a week sh1t sh!t sh!t!!!! Wish theyd stop pissing round with the dates!!

You can reschedule a week later cant you?
Nah plane booked, prices going up and going with friends (actually staying in their Tukish pad) so stuck with it now. Istanbul a dream anyway...just better with the GP!!
It will definitely be a great trip so dont fret just make sure you post some pics for us ok?

Got some from last time i went so I can always post them.My avatar is from Turkish GP. Istanbul is my best cily in the world, even beats Rome.
I hate the Indy F1 circuit. What a wasted opportunity.

There has to be a race in America though.

2010 India and even Dubai may enter the callendar... so Indy's chances of coming back are getting slimmer. Will mean some European races go... Hungary?

God I thought Tilke tracks were bad enough.. but now Tilke assisted street tracks. Crap just crap.
It's a shame there's no US GP in the calendar, I like the track very much. France managed to hold on, again :wobble:. Australia is already on the calendar, so I assume it's also a done deal. I thought someone said they wanted to have 20 races a year, right now we're missing one.

Australia was always on the calendar for next year. The negotiations are for 2010 & beyond.
From autosport.com:

Indy says door still open for F1

By Pablo Elizalde Thursday, June 26th 2008, 08:46 GMT

Indianapolis Motor Speedway boss Joie Chitwood says the door remains open for Formula One to return to the track after the provisional 2009 calendar did not include a race there.

Indianapolis was absent from this year's calendar for the first time since 2000, but circuit bosses were still hoping to find a sponsor that would make the return viable next season.

The FIA, however, released the provisional calendar for next on Wednesday and the IMS was not in it.

Chitwood insisted it was vital to find a sponsor if the race was to return to America, but he made it clear the future is still open.

"I still think there's a home for F1 in the US, but it's getting the right partner to activate and promote it," Indianapolis Motor Speedway president Chitwood told the Indy Star.
Too many crap new GPs. Bring back the real GPs. Like the Austrian one or the San Marino one or lets have 2 in Germany again or even Argentina. What is it in with these rich Middle Eastern countries who's people have no idea about cars or racing anyway?
Too many crap new GPs. Bring back the real GPs. Like the Austrian one or the San Marino one or lets have 2 in Germany again or even Argentina. What is it in with these rich Middle Eastern countries who's people have no idea about cars or racing anyway?

From autosport.com:

Indy says door still open for F1

By Pablo Elizalde Thursday, June 26th 2008, 08:46 GMT

Indianapolis Motor Speedway boss Joie Chitwood says the door remains open for Formula One to return to the track after the provisional 2009 calendar did not include a race there.

Indianapolis was absent from this year's calendar for the first time since 2000, but circuit bosses were still hoping to find a sponsor that would make the return viable next season.

The FIA, however, released the provisional calendar for next on Wednesday and the IMS was not in it.

Chitwood insisted it was vital to find a sponsor if the race was to return to America, but he made it clear the future is still open.

"I still think there's a home for F1 in the US, but it's getting the right partner to activate and promote it," Indianapolis Motor Speedway president Chitwood told the Indy Star.

F1 really needs a race in the US. Pity it may not happen for sometime. As for Indy, I'm gonna wait until we see how the new design suits the Moto Gp bikes.
What I've seen of the new area, it looks crap.

Agreed :(

See our F1 related articles too!