FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I agree AKR that Austria and San Marino are missed very much by most true F1 fans. :wink:

True. Even though the circuits were tamed somewhat, they still had something about them. Even after the Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari being butchered, it still had a certain rhythm and quality to it that I liked (although I do wonder whether altering the Variante Alta was perhaps a step too far).
I need to rewatch an old San Marino GP to remember how the track now differ's from it's current configuration but I just watched the '86 Austrian GP this past weekend, preparing for the French GP, and my meaning was missing the Osterreich Ring and not just the Austrian GP.
I guess it's only fitting that the oil region of the world has a lot of grand prix's.

Where would this industry be without Oil? :wink:

Running ethanol like other series?

That's only a recent development...

So? Isn't F1, the supposed pinnacle of motorsports, to be at the forefront of technical development?
I guess it's only fitting that the oil region of the world has a lot of grand prix's.

So? Isn't F1, the supposed pinnacle of motorsports, to be at the forefront of technical development?

I knew you were going to say that, so please, allow me to serve a response a prepared earlier:

Most of the car companies in F1 are there to move more metal, whilst a large majority of the road cars still run on petrol then it's very relevant to have a lot of the races in one of the most oil rich parts of the world...

I knew you were going to say that, so please, allow me to serve a response a prepared earlier:

Most of the car companies in F1 are there to move more metal, whilst a large majority of the road cars still run on petrol then it's very relevant to have a lot of the races in one of the most oil rich parts of the world...

I fail to see the logic here. If the F1 car companies want to sell more cars, wouldn't they want races in the biggest car markets rather than in some minor (market share wise) country like Bahrain, etc.?
Also, with the current oil prices, running races in nations that directly benefit the most from the current high oil prices, i.e., OPEC, wouldn't that be like rubbing it in to the average Joe who cringes every time he fills up the gas tank at the pump?
Hey could yall speak engrash prease I'm fo' shizzy dizzy trying to cypher jo meangring! :x

Bare with me the night is young I might actually progress! :tongue:

Huh? Up the dosage of whatever you're having Gregg! :biglaugh:

I fail to see the logic here. If the F1 car companies want to sell more cars, wouldn't they want races in the biggest car markets rather than in some minor (market share wise) country like Bahrain, etc.?
Also, with the current oil prices, running races in nations that directly benefit the most from the current high oil prices, i.e., OPEC, wouldn't that be like rubbing it in to the average Joe who cringes every time he fills up the gas tank at the pump?

I think the issue with our discussion is my interpretation of whats 'fitting' does not necessarily need to follow the confines of traditional rationale and logic. Therefore, one can come to the conclusion that we could have this argument until the cows come home because it's a mis-match of ideals...

Hows that Gregg? Plain english enough for you?

See our F1 related articles too!