FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By KyrosV
lewis got an advantage! he was 2 car lengths behind and then after cutting the corner he was alongside but not slowing before eventually kimis momentum passed him but he had a good tow to pass him on the next corner... can you honesly say he didnt cheat? the rules say if you cut a corner you must fully restore the advantage gained (this did not in anyway happen) the judges made a good desision though contraversial and heartbraking to LH fans. But if Lewis had followed the rules and giving the advantage back, then waited to pass him later (and he would of done anyway) we wouldnt be questioning our sport.
lewis got an advantage! he was 2 car lengths behind and then after cutting the corner he was alongside but not slowing before eventually kimis momentum passed him but he had a good tow to pass him on the next corner... can you honesly say he didnt cheat? the rules say if you cut a corner you must fully restore the advantage gained (this did not in anyway happen) the judges made a good desision though contraversial and heartbraking to LH fans. But if Lewis had followed the rules and giving the advantage back, then waited to pass him later (and he would of done anyway) we wouldnt be questioning our sport.

Based on what you just said I can not honestly beleive that you have ALL the following things:

1) have watched the footage more than once
2) have accurate vision, or prescription glasses/contacts
3) are sound of mind
4) are not a strong and biased ferrari/kimi/massa fan who cares more about their success than the sport

I'm not saying you can't tick any of them, i'm saying i bet you can't tick all of them. But if you can tick all of them, click on the link i'll paste at the bottom of this post and pay attention at 0.53 seconds, and tell me that Hamilton has not just taken the lead BEFORE the chicane because he outbraked Raikonnen. Which stands against your claim "he was 2 car lengths behind and then after cutting the corner was alongside". Seriously, you've pulled that straight out of your bottom.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6ovii ... kimi_sport
By KyrosV

Based on what you just said I can not honestly beleive that you have ALL the following things:

3) are sound of mind
4) are not a strong and biased ferrari/kimi/massa fan who cares more about their success than the sport

I'm not saying you can't tick any of them, i'm saying i bet you can't tick all of them. But if you can tick all of them, click on the link i'll paste at the bottom of this post and pay attention at 0.53 seconds, and tell me that Hamilton has not just taken the lead BEFORE the chicane because he outbraked Raikonnen. Which stands against your claim "he was 2 car lengths behind and then after cutting the corner was alongside". Seriously, you've pulled that straight out of your bottom.

he didnt out brake he over ran... classic LH trick of cutting passed people but it didnt work this time

ok lets have a go:
1)I have. the first time I saw it (live) I didnt think it was a penanlty, but now i can see he did cleary gain an advantage
2)my vision is perfect thanks..
3)well....
4)im not a ferrari or mclaren fan. I detest them both. was a williams fan but now renault since they started up... even though I would like to see massa win im not bothered who does. but it would be good if someone who races well and doesnt bend rules all the time to win to be champ..

3) are sound of mind

he didnt out brake he over ran... classic LH trick of cutting passed people but it didnt work this time

ok lets have a go:
1)I have. the first time I saw it (live) I didnt think it was a penanlty, but now i can see he did cleary gain an advantage
2)my vision is perfect thanks..
3)well....
4)im not a ferrari or mclaren fan. I detest them both. was a williams fan but now renault since they started up... even though I would like to see massa win im not bothered who does. but it would be good if someone who races well and doesnt bend rules all the time to win to be champ..

Out braked, over ran... The later suggests that he left the track as a result of it. It's clear from the video that he chooses to cut the corner, so i wouldn't say he over ran, he out braked him, lines himself up for the corner, then decideds to avoid the Ferrari and the curb (rightfully so in most peoples opinion). Like james allen says, the mclaren's tyres keep their temperature in wet conditions better, so it only makes sense that the mclaren was able to outbrake the ferrari at this point. But anyway, it seems the decision will stand so i'm best off forgetting what happened on Sunday, but it should've been a memory to treasure. Those last 3 laps were very exciting.
Strictly in my opinion it was clear that Lewis was gonna pass Kimi within that lap anyway and Lewis could have decided to brake more falling in behind Kimi too stay on track, debate?
Strictly in my opinion it was clear that Lewis was gonna pass Kimi within that lap anyway and Lewis could have decided to brake more falling in behind Kimi too stay on track, debate?

He would have done if Charlie Whiting had said to. But he didn't. Thats what is so frustrating about this. Mclaren tried all they could but still couldn't avoid the wrath of the officials.

EDIT: i think i missunderstood what you said actually.

I think part of Hamilton's problem was that he was so much braver than Kimi on the dampness that even as he was trying to let Raikkonen get his advantage back, the Ferrari was simply much slower than it should have been. The stewards should have factored this into their decision instead of simply saying "Hamilton got past, therefore he gained an advantage"
By bud

he went for the pass though he could have followed Kimi through the chicane if he wanted. But this is racing not formation driving.

and its not like Lewis went in too hot he just got pushed wide by Kimi and had no choice as you can only fit one car at a time through the apex.

He would have done if Charlie Whiting had said to. But he didn't. Thats what is so frustrating about this. Mclaren tried all they could but still couldn't avoid the wrath of the officials.

EDIT: i think i missunderstood what you said actually.

Yeh I think Charlie Whiting stuffed up big time.
If he told Ron there and then when asked that it might be investigated I am sure Ron would have told Hammy to back off a bit more.

he went for the pass though he could have followed Kimi through the chicane if he wanted. But this is racing not formation driving.

and its not like Lewis went in too hot he just got pushed wide by Kimi and had no choice as you can only fit one car at a time through the apex.

Lewis imho could have braked more to stay ontrack behind Kimi but then again I nor anybody else here were in the car so it's strictly mere speculation. I had no qualm's with the original outcome of the race, atleast we only have a few more day's until Monza to try and put Spa behind us. :)
By bud
Tex he didnt outbrake himself that wasnt the reason why he cut the chicane, he had finished braking and turned in already it was just before the apex that Lewis realised Kimi was not going to give him any room as they were along side each other that he turned the car off the escape route back to the track and then slowed down and let kimi back infront.

was just fair racing by both Kimi and Lewis and i enjoyed every bit of it :yes:
Hamilton had to take his chance to get past Raikkonen when it came. You don't know what's going to happen in the future.
Eddie Irvine tells it like it is!!! (Belgium re-cap)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Let’s get this straight from the outset. I’m going to hold no punches in this article because the decision to strip Lewis Hamilton of the race win was bizarre! I think Formula 1 is an absolute joke now and it has lost all credibility. Lewis did as well as he could have done in relation to the law and was still penalised. Okay, so he took the legality of it to the limit but I definitely think he was on the right side of the limit.

“For starters, Kimi pushed him off the road in the first place! Lewis overtook him and Kimi blatantly pushed him off so the reason why Lewis missed the chicane was because of Kimi. Lewis let him back past by just enough so he could then pull a great overtaking manoeuvre into the next corner. I don’t know whether it was the FIA or the stewards on the day but the sport has lost all credibility and the bias is simply ridiculous.”
“If it wasn’t for Virgin Media, I wouldn’t watch F1 anymore. I’ve had enough of this bulls**t. I’m not so sure the FIA has a bias for Ferrari as such but I definitely think they are biased against McLaren. I think if it was BMW, Toyota or someone else it wouldn’t have happened. I don’t understand why teams now just don’t go and do their own thing. They don’t need the FIA and they don’t need CVC capital. They need to plan to break away on a certain date and pay a bunch of lawyers to run the company. The teams make the money and there is a board in place to make decisions as they do with the NFL in America. It’s disgraceful where it’s got to now.

“How Massa never got a penalty in the last race was bulls**t. A fudged up excuse was made for him afterwards because they couldn’t think fast enough to do it during the race! It reminds me of the Bush administration. Lazy, bad judgement, self-serving and you don’t know where it’s coming from. Who is it that is creating all this bulls**t?”
“If you look at the letter of the law, I don’t see how McLaren’s appeal can’t be successful. He has to be re-instated but then again, we are talking about the FIA and they are a bunch of idiots.

“The great shame of it was that it was such an exciting race. Hamilton was amazing and he is quite simply a better driver than any of them. He has pure class and they know it. He has a better feel, is more committed and has better judgement. I am looking forward to Robert Kubica and Fernando Alonso getting into better cars and then we’ll have an amazing championship. But if this bulls**t keeps happening, I don’t know if I’ll want to watch it anyway! It is horrible to see this injustice happening. Everyone can make a mistake but this is mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake. Complete incompetence.”

“I got banned for three races because a car lost its flywheel in front of me and I swerved instead of braked. I told them I didn’t have time to brake at 200mph! They compared it to a motorway accident where if you swerve from an outside lane into another lane and cause an accident you are at fault. But at 200mph you are not supposed to be sitting three feet from the car in front of you on the motorway. In F1, that’s exactly where you’re meant to be. The FIA have been stupid before and made many stupid decisions but I have never known an organisation turn so corrupt. They should be embarrassed to take that race win away from Lewis. Lewis can’t blame the team or himself.

“Next up is Monza and I am hoping to go but I doubt the FIA will give me a pass after what I have said! But who cares, someone has to say something because it’s getting ridiculous now. I’m looking forward to Monza. Great race, great people, brilliant atmosphere but probably usual bulls**t!”

Talk to you after Monza – if they let me in!

Eddie Irvine.
Eddie Irvine tells it like it is!!! (Belgium re-cap)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Let’s get this straight from the outset. I’m going to hold no punches in this article because the decision to strip Lewis Hamilton of the race win was bizarre! I think Formula 1 is an absolute joke now and it has lost all credibility. Lewis did as well as he could have done in relation to the law and was still penalised. Okay, so he took the legality of it to the limit but I definitely think he was on the right side of the limit.

“For starters, Kimi pushed him off the road in the first place! Lewis overtook him and Kimi blatantly pushed him off so the reason why Lewis missed the chicane was because of Kimi. Lewis let him back past by just enough so he could then pull a great overtaking manoeuvre into the next corner. I don’t know whether it was the FIA or the stewards on the day but the sport has lost all credibility and the bias is simply ridiculous.”
“If it wasn’t for Virgin Media, I wouldn’t watch F1 anymore. I’ve had enough of this bulls**t. I’m not so sure the FIA has a bias for Ferrari as such but I definitely think they are biased against McLaren. I think if it was BMW, Toyota or someone else it wouldn’t have happened. I don’t understand why teams now just don’t go and do their own thing. They don’t need the FIA and they don’t need CVC capital. They need to plan to break away on a certain date and pay a bunch of lawyers to run the company. The teams make the money and there is a board in place to make decisions as they do with the NFL in America. It’s disgraceful where it’s got to now.

“How Massa never got a penalty in the last race was bulls**t. A fudged up excuse was made for him afterwards because they couldn’t think fast enough to do it during the race! It reminds me of the Bush administration. Lazy, bad judgement, self-serving and you don’t know where it’s coming from. Who is it that is creating all this bulls**t?”
“If you look at the letter of the law, I don’t see how McLaren’s appeal can’t be successful. He has to be re-instated but then again, we are talking about the FIA and they are a bunch of idiots.

“The great shame of it was that it was such an exciting race. Hamilton was amazing and he is quite simply a better driver than any of them. He has pure class and they know it. He has a better feel, is more committed and has better judgement. I am looking forward to Robert Kubica and Fernando Alonso getting into better cars and then we’ll have an amazing championship. But if this bulls**t keeps happening, I don’t know if I’ll want to watch it anyway! It is horrible to see this injustice happening. Everyone can make a mistake but this is mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake. Complete incompetence.”

“I got banned for three races because a car lost its flywheel in front of me and I swerved instead of braked. I told them I didn’t have time to brake at 200mph! They compared it to a motorway accident where if you swerve from an outside lane into another lane and cause an accident you are at fault. But at 200mph you are not supposed to be sitting three feet from the car in front of you on the motorway. In F1, that’s exactly where you’re meant to be. The FIA have been stupid before and made many stupid decisions but I have never known an organisation turn so corrupt. They should be embarrassed to take that race win away from Lewis. Lewis can’t blame the team or himself.

“Next up is Monza and I am hoping to go but I doubt the FIA will give me a pass after what I have said! But who cares, someone has to say something because it’s getting ridiculous now. I’m looking forward to Monza. Great race, great people, brilliant atmosphere but probably usual bulls**t!”

Talk to you after Monza – if they let me in!

Eddie Irvine.

Irvine never fails to tell it how it is, and that's just EXACTLY the kind of reaction I expected from him. :clap:

See our F1 related articles too!