FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By scotty
You're forgetting, though, that Massa was less than twenty five seconds behind so in theory, if everything turned out to be anti-McLaren ( :rolleyes: ) then Ferrari would have something to gain from it.

Yep, i know that, i was just trying to point out that a time penalty would have no effect on Raikkonen's result but would on Hamilton's, which is why people are mostly talking about the Bus Stop incident.
Well did he overtake after Pouhon, no only when hamilton came across Nakajima and slid onto the grass.

You wouldnt have a problem if that was Heidfeld behind Hamilton..in all honestly.

Eh, yes, I would! The fact is Raikkonen stayed off the track longer to gain momentum so he could make a pass on Hamilton, which he would probably have done, even if Hamilton had not of got caught up with Nakajima.

:bs:

Well lets see he's off track at about 100 mph if he tries to move sharply onto the curb and the white line he would have gone smashing into the wall, and just at the end of the lap he went wide and then coming back on in a hurry he caught the curb and off he went.
Well lets see he's off track at about 100 mph if he tries to move sharply onto the curb and the white line he would have gone smashing into the wall, and just at the end of the lap he went wide and then coming back on in a hurry he caught the curb and off he went.

Okay, then, so it's alright for Raikkonen to use a run-off area when necessary, but when Hamilton is forced to use one so he does not take Raikkonen and himself off, it's not alright.
By bud
haha Irve the swerve now listen to you :rofl:

Another great input by Bud.. :clap:

who are you Johnny 5?

im just sitting back and laughing at your hypocrisy :rofl:
haha Irve the swerve now listen to you :rofl:

Another great input by Bud.. :clap:

who are you Johnny 5?

im just sitting back and laughing at your hypocrisy :rofl:

Listen did Kimi overtake after being off track..no.

He had no position to give back since he did not overtake anyone.

But Hamilton alongside Kimi overtook him when over the Bus Stop, fair enough gave it back but he was in a better position to overtake Kimi at the next corner.
How many times had DC crashed this year without a penalty?

too many. In just about every race he's made some sort of contact.

But, no, I don't believe Hamilton deserves a penalty. He gave back the position and fought fairly for it on the next turn. Anything after that is excusable simply because of the weather conditions.
However, I'm never against handing Massa the win XD j/k
By bud
oh but he had momentum and without that momentum he would not have been right behind Lewis when Lewis avoided the Williams with Kimi taking the lead........
:yawn:
Perhaps the FIA should review what exactly "gaining a sporting advantage" covers, because at the moment, with regards to run-offs being used, it only actually seems to cover overtaking moves. We see drivers go off the track at all times and come back on without overtaking, and they don't get penalised for it, so why should Raikkonen?
The FIA should go away and look at themselves. But that's not going to happen with Mr Whip in charge.
oh but he had momentum and without that momentum he would not have been right behind Lewis when Lewis avoided the Williams with Kimi taking the lead........
:yawn:

If you look at the corner when they both ran wide, the gap was still the same when the both resumed the track.
I'm rather uninterested in claims of FIA bias.

My last post in this thread was asking whether LH had to concede the place and stay behind for the next corner as well. I'd seen this claimed on the interweb. Saying "that's racing" is irrelevant in itself, as all racing is within the rules. However, I haven't seen any hard evidence (precedents etc.) given for LH having to stay behind for a fixed time, distance, or number of corners. So by default, I still see no reason for a penalty.

Do we know the exact or even approximate wording of Ferrari's complaint. That should help fill in some of the information that we lack.
Who took advantage of momuntum built up offtrack to make a pass at the next corner?

This is all bs, they were racing in difficult conditions and was some of the best action seen in a while and if any penalties are dished out because of this it'll make the drivers even more wary of attempting any moves.

See our F1 related articles too!