FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
haha Irve the swerve now listen to you :rofl:

Another great input by Bud.. :clap:

who are you Johnny 5?

im just sitting back and laughing at your hypocrisy :rofl:

Listen did Kimi overtake after being off track..no.

He had no position to give back since he did not overtake anyone.

But Hamilton alongside Kimi overtook him when over the Bus Stop, fair enough gave it back but he was in a better position to overtake Kimi at the next corner.

You're missing the point - again. Raikkonen could easily have passed Hamilton after using the run-off area. Hamilton, who was forced to use the run-off area, surrendered the place, and got a similar advantage to Raikkonen. The only reason this is being discussed is because Hamilton's McLaren got past Raikkonen's Ferrari.
I do understand Irv's point as the momentum was to Lewis's advantage but the rule's, as they stand, adhere to nothing concerning a momentum advantage. I still think Kimi would have spun eventually but did anyone else notice the underteer that Kimi had after he pushed in the leftside of his frontwing after punting Lewis when he took the lead into turn one?

Hey and this is coming from a Ferrari lamb but I personaly see nothing to biatch about other than Ferrari not winning.
Last edited by texasmr2 on 07 Sep 08, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
Here is an replay. Terrible music but it clearly show how much speed that Kimi gained when he was running wide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmL9ODG1ZPY

It also shows that he could not have come back on to the track at any other point without having to cross the green-painted raised area, the astroturf or the kerbs. So it doesn't really prove or disprove either point more than the other.
Last edited by Denthúl on 07 Sep 08, 15:59, edited 1 time in total.
haha Irve the swerve now listen to you :rofl:

Another great input by Bud.. :clap:

who are you Johnny 5?

im just sitting back and laughing at your hypocrisy :rofl:

Listen did Kimi overtake after being off track..no.

He had no position to give back since he did not overtake anyone.

But Hamilton alongside Kimi overtook him when over the Bus Stop, fair enough gave it back but he was in a better position to overtake Kimi at the next corner.

You're missing the point - again. Raikkonen could easily have passed Hamilton after using the run-off area. Hamilton, who was forced to use the run-off area, surrendered the place, and got a similar advantage to Raikkonen. The only reason this is being discussed is because Hamilton's McLaren got past Raikkonen's Ferrari.

Well if he had could easily have passed Hamilton, then it would have been a re-run of Kovy-Webber, cause he was too far behind to launch a pass.
he was right on his gear box you cant get any closer if you want to attempt a pass :rolleyes::wink::yawn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74TZngbI ... 642&page=1

Watch that from 2:20. Raikkonen is right up Hamilton's backside after using the run-off area. Irv, you are arguably the most delusional people I've ever come across on this forum, and that takes some doing.
Here is an replay. Terrible music but it clearly show how much speed that Kimi gained when he was running wide.

It also shows that he could not have come back on to the track at any other point without having to cross the green-painted raised area, the astroturf or the kerbs. So it doesn't really prove or disprove either point more than the other.

I kindly disagree. At 0:40 you can clearly see that he by himself runs wide and using that to gain speed (gaining an unfair advantage). If Kimi had not spun moments later he would clearly have been in the lead.
I do understand Irv's point as the momentum was to Lewis's advantage but the rule's, as they stand, adhere to nothing concerning a momentum advantage. I still think Kimi would have spun eventually but did anyone else notice the underteer that Kimi had after he pushed in the leftside of his frontwing after punting Lewis when he took the lead into turn one?

Hey and this is coming from a Ferrari lamb but I personaly see nothing to biatch about other than Ferrari not winning.

I think that Ferrari are in a slightly better position now. The points difference between LH and FM is the same as it would have been if KR had stayed in and won the race. If KR had stayed in but came second, then LH would have had a bigger lead. And it's now, you would expect, clear that Ferrari need to put their resources including Kimi behind Felipe for the championship. Overall, better for Ferrari.

I kindly disagree. At 0:40 you can clearly see that he by himself runs wide and using that to gain speed (gaining an unfair advantage). If Kimi had not spun moments later he would clearly have been in the lead.

No, you can't, because it skips a bit right before that and the next thing you see is Kimi already off the track. How was kimi to know that he'd get better grip over there, seeing as, logically, the best grip should be available on the line where cars are moving the water away, not areas where water is allowed to build up.
he was right on his gear box you cant get any closer if you want to attempt a pass :rolleyes::wink::yawn:

Watch that from 2:20. Raikkonen is right up Hamilton's backside after using the run-off area. Irv, you are arguably the most delusional people I've ever come across on this forum, and that takes some doing.

Well if you watch Hamilton from 1:32 darting from one side to the track to the other..that's deemed illegal.

Even the commentators said he lost no time, no time lost no time gained.

And for the delusional comment...Bud must be paying you to say that. :wink:
By bud

Well if you watch Hamilton from 1:32 darting from one side to the track to the other..that's deemed illegal.

two against your word, maybe you should look in the mirror huh :rolleyes:

two against your word, maybe you should look in the mirror huh :rolleyes:

Yeah Two McLaren fans... :rolleyes::yawn:
One thing is forsure we have not had a race in sometime that has led to having as much discussion and member's online, Monza should be CLASSIC also!!!
Last edited by texasmr2 on 07 Sep 08, 16:16, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on a Ferrari forum (seeing what the opposition have to say) and the vast majority of them see sense and don't think there was anything for which Hamilton to be penalised. Given that the tifosi are the biggest bunch of blinkered lambs you'll ever come across in sport, that's saying something.

See our F1 related articles too!