FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I'm on a Ferrari forum (seeing what the opposition have to say) and the vast majority of them see sense and don't think there was anything for which Hamilton to be penalised. Given that the tifosi are the biggest bunch of blinkered lambs you'll ever come across in sport, that's saying something.

Hey take that back I'm a lamb NOT a Tofosi! :D:confused:

ahh well im going to bed f*** this sport ive had enough!!!

Talk to ya tomorrow mate, sweet dream's! :wink:
I'm on a Ferrari forum (seeing what the opposition have to say) and the vast majority of them see sense and don't think there was anything for which Hamilton to be penalised. Given that the tifosi are the biggest bunch of blinkered lambs you'll ever come across in sport, that's saying something.

I think there's a fair amount of pot calling the kettle black there. As you've just given the evidence that Ferrari fans are, in the "vast majority", prepared to consider events on their own merits rather than blindly applying team prejudice. Not something I see happening with the vast majority of McLaren fans on forums.

Oh, and I feel the penalty is entirely unjustified. Given the information I have to hand. Let's see if more information comes to light.
Hmm, well, I just said on another thread that Kovalainen's penalty was just and went through him for getting it. :rolleyes:
Hmm, well, I just said on another thread that Kovalainen's penalty was just and went through him for getting it. :rolleyes:

HK is not challenging for the championship. Much less at stake there.
Well, that doesn't come into the equation. The fact is a penalty was handed out because Kovalainen broke the rules. The end. What more can I say. It doesn't matter whether he is or isn't in the championship fight, or was leading the race or in last place. Further, your remark is wrong anyway, for McLaren want to win the constructors' championship (and that's the title I care most about - by a long distance) and Kovalainen being further up the field could have been a strategic advantage for McLaren.
autosport.com writes:

Lewis Hamilton has lost his victory at the Belgian Grand Prix after he was given a penalty for cutting a chicane when fighting with Kimi Raikkonen.

The stewards gave Hamilton a drive-through penalty after the race had ended, meaning 25 seconds were added to his time.

The win goes to Brazilian Felipe Massa, second in the race. The penalty has dropped Hamilton to third place in the race.

Well thanks FIA for ruining our sport!
By f1usa
Do the rules state that KR should have been ahead for the next corner?

No. All the driver who cut the corner and gained a position has to do is give it back which Lewis did. Lewis just played it to his advantage by getting right back under Kimi's rearwing and then snookered him, great pass imho.

Kimi cut Lewis off in Bus-Stop right hand turn, so Lewis had to cut corner. In the next corner after Lewis passed him, Kimi appeared to purposely try to cut Lewis's rear tire with his front wing. This will be appealed and hopefully win will be returned to Lewis.
autosport.com writes:

Lewis Hamilton has lost his victory at the Belgian Grand Prix after he was given a penalty for cutting a chicane when fighting with Kimi Raikkonen.

The stewards gave Hamilton a drive-through penalty after the race had ended, meaning 25 seconds were added to his time.

The win goes to Brazilian Felipe Massa, second in the race. The penalty has dropped Hamilton to third place in the race.

Well thanks FIA for ruining our sport!

99% of the member's here agree with you as the final say so come's down to the FIA and not the team. Lewis imho won the race fair and square and we all should not direct our disgust toward's each other but at the FIA and Max Mosley for making F1 the farce political agenda venue that it has become. I want to see the most deserving team/car/driver win a race or championship but it is clear that may not happen this year.
By Dardas
Hi all,

I think McLaren guys are missing a point a bit.

Hamilton was penalised for a move he done.
watch this movie on 00:59 .

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=74TZngbIS ... 642&page=1

He was clearly behind KR about 2/3 of car, instead of slowing down and let him go (he could have done that) he accelerated and cut the corner.
Yes, fair enough, he let him go later, but you can't just erase your fouls by being fair later. If he would be in no position to stay on track, then I'm sure they would actually let it go.
Worst is that if he would let him go, he would easilly pass him later cause KR was driving like school boy at the end of race.

Now, i understand how mad you have to be but be a man, take in on chest, and enjoy his move later when he made KR looks like complete fool.
I'm far from being a LH fan, but I have to say - well done LH, shame on KR - once again completely useless on wet track.
By scott
What a disgrace, a superb race, spoilt by faceless stewards, has racism entered F1, as it appears Hamilton is being very heavily impeded this season, I recall when Ferrari/Shumaucher was winning a very blind eye was turned to shoving, cheating etc, but I suppose if your in the pocket with Ferrari anything goes eh??
Two years ago the public was leaving in droves because of it being a procession, now excitment is back and Ferrari aren't winning got to put a handicap in place, well it stinks. I bet Ferrari complained the cheating whinging LOSERS.
Rakki crashed, HAMILTON won, Massa was settled for 3rd, F1 clean up your act, Mosley, THE DWARF, FERRARI corruption/bungs??!! I'm dissgusted..
What a disgrace, a superb race, spoilt by faceless stewards, has racism entered F1, as it appears Hamilton is being very heavily impeded this season, I recall when Ferrari/Shumaucher was winning a very blind eye was turned to shoving, cheating etc, but I suppose if your in the pocket with Ferrari anything goes eh??
Two years ago the public was leaving in droves because of it being a procession, now excitment is back and Ferrari aren't winning got to put a handicap in place, well it stinks. I bet Ferrari complained the cheating whinging LOSERS.
Rakki crashed, HAMILTON won, Massa was settled for 3rd, F1 clean up your act, Mosley, THE DWARF, FERRARI corruption/bungs??!! I'm dissgusted..

Somehow I doubt that it has anything to do with racism.
I'm not saying this just because I'm sore that Hamilton has been penalised. It is simply ridiculous that people can watch a really exciting race, see a guy collect his silverware, go away thinking "great, that's my boy" or "dammit, we got beat today" and then later on the result is changed. Every time it happens it undermines the sport.

In football there is a rather sensible rule that once the final whistle has gone the result is cast in stone for all time. I understand that in F1 technical infringements can only begin to be detected some time after a race has finished for obvious reasons, but sporting infringements are a different matter.

I think a rule should be introduced whereby once the trophies have been presented, the result cannot be changed on the basis of an infringement of sporting regulations. If the stewards are in any doubt, they should have a set time of around 10 minutes during which they can delay the presentations, but then that's it. That still wouldn't have to stop them imposing other sanctions such as a fine or a grid penalty at the next race, but it would stop the ludicrous situation where a result changes while everyone's on the bus home.

Sound sensible?
I'm not saying this just because I'm sore that Hamilton has been penalised. It is simply ridiculous that people can watch a really exciting race, see a guy collect his silverware, go away thinking "great, that's my boy" or "dammit, we got beat today" and then later on the result is changed. Every time it happens it undermines the sport.

In football there is a rather sensible rule that once the final whistle has gone the result is cast in stone for all time. I understand that in F1 technical infringements can only begin to be detected some time after a race has finished for obvious reasons, but sporting infringements are a different matter.

I think a rule should be introduced whereby once the trophies have been presented, the result cannot be changed on the basis of an infringement of sporting regulations. If the stewards are in any doubt, they should have a set time of around 10 minutes during which they can delay the presentations, but then that's it. That still wouldn't have to stop them imposing other sanctions such as a fine or a grid penalty at the next race, but it would stop the ludicrous situation where a result changes while everyone's on the bus home.

Sound sensible?

I just think that after a race has ended, any penalties given should apply to the next race and not affect the result of the one that has just finished, unless it was a drive through or stop-and-go penalty given within three laps of the end, because then the time penalty would be applied instantly.

See our F1 related articles too!