FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
We posted same thread at same time Longbow :hehe:

There is no Justice in this sport anymore!

yeh i noticed lol

if massa wins this year he'll know it was though the help of the FIA several times and the hinderence of Lewis alot

So that's at least seven points McLaren have been robbed off so far this season. :thumbdown:

more i'd say if you count france, wasn't spa 7 points alone? this penalty that was at least a point now

he would won the championship today if you removed all the penalties.

Spa was six, I don't see why you should count France.

To be honest, we've seen a lot of silly penalties given for supposedly impeding somebody's qualifying lap, so I would not count that. The penalty Hamilton got was suss. The FIA have the footage to prove or disprove this, but won't release it. I wonder why. :rolleyes:
From autosport.com:

Bourdais blames Massa for collision

By Edd Straw and Matt Beer Sunday, October 12th 2008, 08:38 GMT

Sebastien Bourdais believes Felipe Massa was completely to blame for their collision at Fuji - even though the stewards decided to penalise Bourdais for the collision.

The Toro Rosso driver was given a 25-second penalty after the race and fell from sixth to 10th, while Massa was consequently elevated from eighth to seventh.

The two cars had come together as Bourdais rejoined after his final pitstop. He pulled out alongside Massa, who tried to drive around the outside of the Toro ROsso at the first corner, only to spin after contact between them.

Bourdais was adamant that Massa was at fault for the incident.

"For me it's very clear. Yes, I exit the pits, yes I'm supposed to be careful and I was," he said. "I stayed inside and I didn't push him out, I didn't overshoot the corner.

"I did everything I could not to run into him and he just squeezed and turned and behaved like I didn't exist, like I wasn't there. What am I supposed to do?

"I've been in this position many, many times and I never had any incidents. It's just a little bit of respect, you give each other room and then everything goes right, but if you don't for sure it's going to be an incident."

The Frenchman added that he would have behaved differently to Massa had he been the one challenging for the title.

"I've been in this position many times, especially the position he is in fighting for championships and you just don't take unneccesary risks like this," said Bourdais.

"You've got everything to lose and nothing to gain. He was going to pit in three laps, I was ahead of him and he was going to finish behind us anyway. Why would you even think about doing something like that? I don't understand."
By bud
Sebastien Bourdais drove a great race to take the chequered flag in sixth position, 34 seconds behind race winner Fernando Alonso.

The AFP news agency is reporting however that the French Toro Rosso driver has been handed a 25 second penalty dropping him down to tenth position and out of the points.

Bourdais has been penalised by the race stewards for an incident late in the 67-lap Japanese Grand Prix when he defended his position from Ferrari driver Felipe Massa. Exiting the pits, Bourdais kept to the right hand side of the circuit heading to turn one while Felipe Massa moved to the left to try and pass around the outside.

Massa turned into the corner and contact was inevitable but it is stunning that the stewards have penalised Bourdais as he was on the inside and defending his position and not Massa.

The decision again raises the issue that the sport more often than not makes decisions that benefit the Ferrari team.

Sebastian Vettel is promoted to sixth position ahead of Felipe Massa who – surprise surprise – picks up an additional point with Bourdais’ 25 second penalty. Mark Webber is promoted to tenth ahead of Nick Heidfeld and Bourdais...
MOST DEF!

GRRR makes me so angry, its always in favour of Ferrari, I'm glad I dont support a team that seeks salvage at times from something much higher, as it would seem
By bud
From autosport.com:

Bourdais blames Massa for collision

By Edd Straw and Matt Beer Sunday, October 12th 2008, 08:38 GMT

Sebastien Bourdais believes Felipe Massa was completely to blame for their collision at Fuji - even though the stewards decided to penalise Bourdais for the collision.

The Toro Rosso driver was given a 25-second penalty after the race and fell from sixth to 10th, while Massa was consequently elevated from eighth to seventh.

The two cars had come together as Bourdais rejoined after his final pitstop. He pulled out alongside Massa, who tried to drive around the outside of the Toro ROsso at the first corner, only to spin after contact between them.

Bourdais was adamant that Massa was at fault for the incident.

"For me it's very clear. Yes, I exit the pits, yes I'm supposed to be careful and I was," he said. "I stayed inside and I didn't push him out, I didn't overshoot the corner.

"I did everything I could not to run into him and he just squeezed and turned and behaved like I didn't exist, like I wasn't there. What am I supposed to do?

"I've been in this position many, many times and I never had any incidents. It's just a little bit of respect, you give each other room and then everything goes right, but if you don't for sure it's going to be an incident."

The Frenchman added that he would have behaved differently to Massa had he been the one challenging for the title.

"I've been in this position many times, especially the position he is in fighting for championships and you just don't take unneccesary risks like this," said Bourdais.

"You've got everything to lose and nothing to gain. He was going to pit in three laps, I was ahead of him and he was going to finish behind us anyway. Why would you even think about doing something like that? I don't understand."

and people question Lewis' driving mind :rolleyes:
By al4x
well put it this way gyus and gals,

if hamilton/mclaren win now least you can say you beat the fia and ferrari

better that than the other way around?

i wouldnt like to support a 'helped' team
By bud

damn straight mate! you hit the nail on the head!
By al4x

i just dont get it, he was on the inside and was never behind massa,

tbh, i wouldve given no penalty or a penalty to massa, not to bourdais

it does seem like the bar stewards want processional racing

i call :bs:

i just dont get it, he was on the inside and was never behind massa,

tbh, i wouldve given no penalty or a penalty to massa, not to bourdais

it does seem like the bar stewards want processional racing

i call :bs:

The incident wasn't worthy of a penalty at all, but to throw one at Bourdais, the guy who was in the right, is completely ridiculous! :(
By AKR
What a farce! So, Massa tries an over-optimistic pass on Bourdais around the outside, leaving Bourdais no room, and who has nowhere to go because he is on the inside, and Bourdais gets a penalty! What a joke. No wonder this was investigated after the race. The stewards did a reasonable job throughout the race, so no doubt there was political influence here. :thumbdown:

I told you nothing would happen Chris. It is what always is the case when the inncident is investigated after the race and it relates to Ferrari. I also suspected that Bourdais would get a penatly and Massa nothing but didn't want to comment as thought it was safer to just wait rather than open my mouth too soon. Though had I placed a bet on this, I clearly would of won. Bourdais' team uses Ferrari engines do they not? Maybe that has something to with this as well? Maybe it is not all just the FIA behind this? Remeber that Sauber-Ferrari (Petronas) in 1997 were inclinded to assist Ferrari, what has changed now?
By bud
What a farce! So, Massa tries an over-optimistic pass on Bourdais around the outside, leaving Bourdais no room, and who has nowhere to go because he is on the inside, and Bourdais gets a penalty! What a joke. No wonder this was investigated after the race. The stewards did a reasonable job throughout the race, so no doubt there was political influence here. :thumbdown:

I told you nothing would happen Chris. It is what always is the case when the inncident is investigated after the race and it relates to Ferrari. I also suspected that Bourdais would get a penatly and Massa nothing but didn't want to comment as thought it was safer to just wait rather than open my mouth too soon. Though had I placed a bet on this, I clearly would of won. Bourdais' team uses Ferrari engines do they not? Maybe that has something to with this as well? Maybe it is not all just the FIA behind this? Remeber that Sauber-Ferrari (Petronas) in 1997 were inclinded to assist Ferrari, what has changed now?

AKR we could all place a bet on f***Stewards decisions when a Ferrari is involved and end up Millionaires
By AKR
AKR will be happy. :rolleyes:

she accepts gimme wins! she wont care!

she has no honour, but even still i love ya kiki honour or not :thumbup:

Great at least you still love me. :wink:

I won't comment on the penalty though. You obviously already know my opinion. :D
By al4x
AKR will be happy. :rolleyes:

she accepts gimme wins! she wont care!

she has no honour, but even still i love ya kiki honour or not :thumbup:

Great at least you still love me. :wink:

I won't comment on the penalty though. You obviously already know my opinion. :D

well its good you accept that the fia help ferrari a little bit haha

least u arent ignorant lol
By AKR

AKR we could all place a bet on f***Stewards decisions when a Ferrari is involved and end up Millionaires

Yeah but most of you were not expecting Bourdais getting penalised and not Massa. Most of you were expecting nothing to happen to either. I somehow had a feeling that only Bourdais would get penalised. To be truthful it does not make sense so I don't understand the reason behind it. It is either both get penalised or none or even just Massa get penalised. But you know me well. It has worked in favour of my team so I'll take it. At the end of the day you need to understand I cannot change the outcome of this. It isn't like I can personally walk up to the FIA and Ferrari and tell them, "Listen you can't do this so cut it out". Get my drift? :)
By al4x

Yeah but most of you were not expecting Bourdais getting penalised and not Massa. Most of you were expecting nothing to happen to either. I somehow had a feeling that only Bourdais would get penalised. To be truthful it does not make sense so I don't understand the reason behind it. It is either both get penalised or none or even just Massa get penalised. But you know me well. It has worked in favour of my team so I'll take it. At the end of the day you need to understand I cannot change the outcome of this. It isn't like I can personally walk up to the FIA and Ferrari and tell them, "Listen you can't do this so cut it out". Get my drift? :)

u ill akr? :wavey:

See our F1 related articles too!