FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
What a farce! So, Massa tries an over-optimistic pass on Bourdais around the outside, leaving Bourdais no room, and who has nowhere to go because he is on the inside, and Bourdais gets a penalty! What a joke. No wonder this was investigated after the race. The stewards did a reasonable job throughout the race, so no doubt there was political influence here. :thumbdown:

I told you nothing would happen Chris. It is what always is the case when the inncident is investigated after the race and it relates to Ferrari. I also suspected that Bourdais would get a penatly and Massa nothing but didn't want to comment as thought it was safer to just wait rather than open my mouth too soon. Though had I placed a bet on this, I clearly would of won. Bourdais' team uses Ferrari engines do they not? Maybe that has something to with this as well? Maybe it is not all just the FIA behind this? Remeber that Sauber-Ferrari (Petronas) in 1997 were inclinded to assist Ferrari, what has changed now?

AKR we could all place a bet on f***Stewards decisions when a Ferrari is involved and end up Millionaires

Yeah but most of you were not expecting Bourdais getting penalised and not Massa. Most of you were expecting nothing to happen to either. I somehow had a feeling that only Bourdais would get penalised. To be truthful it does not make sense so I don't understand the reason behind it. It is either both get penalised or none or even just Massa get penalised. But you know me well. It has worked in favour of my team so I'll take it. At the end of the day you need to understand I cannot change the outcome of this. It isn't like I can personally walk up to the FIA and Ferrari and tell them, "Listen you can't do this so cut it out". Get my drift? :)

The reason none of us were expecting Bourdais to be penalised was because he did nothing to get penalised. Massa was completely in the wrong. But, still, you are right. We all should have known better; when Ferrari are in need of assistance, the FIA will always find a way to help.
By bud
Bordais's comments about the incident explain it with pure clarity but unlike Massa's driving there was no clarity!

but fortunately for him the FIA has his back, and i still cannot fathom how any intelligent Ferrari fan sleeps at night knowing they get such favours!!! its not sporting its not winning!
I am absolutely flabergasted! To put it quite simply - this decision is an absolute disgrace. not only should Bourdais NOT have been penalised, but the penalty should have been given to the other party involved.

In the past (including Spa) I have been reluctant to get involved in the FIA / Ferrari bias debate, even if there have been some dodgy decisions - as there could always be a justification the other way.... HOWEVER, this decision is simply unjustifiable!! There is NO way that ANYBODY, stewards included can justify this in any way.

And this is from a completely neutral fan of F1, who is sad to see the sport he loves being destroyed by punishments like this. :(
By bill25
ferarri must be investing as much on ensuring corrupt points advantages against all other teams as they are on development. This season is so blatently BENT in favour of ferarri, it almost seem pointless in finishing it, if ferarri finish the season on top of the championship it should feel a hollow victory to any member in the team with the smallest amount of integrity.
By bud
ferarri must be investing as much on ensuring corrupt points advantages against all other teams as they are on development. This season is so blatently BENT in favour of ferarri, it almost seem pointless in finishing it, if ferarri finish the season on top of the championship it should feel a hollow victory to any member in the team with the smallest amount of integrity.

welcome Bill :thumbup: we will get along fine

welcome Bill :thumbup: we will get along fine

:hehe:

Yes. Welcome to the forum. :thumbup:
What an absolute JOKE!!! A excellent drive by Bourdais and doing better than even Vettel is totally undone by the F***ing Idiots Association!! I bet Bourdais never had to put up with pushy idiotic stewards decisions lik this when he was in Champcar! :banghead:
By bud
What an absolute JOKE!!! A excellent drive by Bourdais and doing better than even Vettel is totally undone by the F***ing Idiots Association!! I bet Bourdais never had to put up with pushy idiotic stewards decisions lik this when he was in Champcar! :banghead:

No Champcar was run by Americans and they now how to run a JUST sport with no favouritism unlike the pathetic European w**kers

No Champcar was run by Americans and they now how to run a JUST sport with no favouritism unlike the pathetic European w**kers

Until now I have always been of the belief that the FIA aren't biased towards Ferrari, just utter morons, but now I am really starting to change my mind on this subject after what they did to Bourdais. I have nothing against Ferrari, infact if I was a Ferrari fan I would be utterly ashamed to have the FIA acting like Ferrari's number 1 boot-lickers.
By bud

Until now I have always been of the belief that the FIA aren't biased towards Ferrari, just utter morons, but now I am really starting to change my mind on this subject after what they did to Bourdais. I have nothing against Ferrari, infact if I was a Ferrari fan I would be utterly ashamed to have the FIA acting like Ferrari's number 1 boot-lickers.

Jonno welcome to the club :thumbup:
By KyrosV
there wasnt much differance between the massa hamilton move and the bourdais massa move so I guess the rulling has to be consistant, which is strang for the FIA :hehe:

I guess its because at the time the cars got spun of, they were ahead
By f1usa
well put it this way gyus and gals,

if hamilton/mclaren win now least you can say you beat the fia and ferrari

better that than the other way around?

i wouldnt like to support a 'helped' team

damn straight mate! you hit the nail on the head!

i just dont get it, he was on the inside and was never behind massa,

tbh, i wouldve given no penalty or a penalty to massa, not to bourdais

it does seem like the bar stewards want processional racing

i call :bs:

It's all about getting Ferrari one more point, after all KR won championship last year by one point.
By gbmgtd
My god... i was waiting to see if Massa would lose his point for the race... certainly not the other way around... next time i guess you have to stop and 'signal' when you re-enter the track....WTF

Toro Rosso’s Sebastien Bourdais has had 25 seconds added to his Japanese Grand Prix race time as penalty for making contact with Ferrari’s Felipe Massa. The stewards’ decision drops Bourdais from sixth to 10th in the results and elevates Massa to seventh. Bourdais was rejoining the race after his second pit stop on lap 50 when Massa attempted to pass around the outside at Turn One. The pair made contact, tipping the Brazilian into a spin. Massa subsequently continued, finishing in eighth place. The penalty means Bourdais’ team mate Sebastian Vettel moves up to sixth place ahead of Massa, while Red Bull’s Mark Webber picks up a point for eighth. It also means Lewis Hamilton’s championship lead over Massa is cut to just five points.
By gbmgtd
It gets worse....
“There’s little to say,” said Massa dismissing the incident. “I had already entered the turn and he hit me from behind, spinning me round.”
By bud
My god... i was waiting to see if Massa would lose his point for the race... certainly not the other way around... next time i guess you have to stop and 'signal' when you re-enter the track....WTF

i was awaiting this also but welcome to the land of FiatFerrari

and yeah only if you t ry and take on a Ferrari do you need to follow suburban road rules :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!