FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
First time poster here, but I just HAD to register so I could vent my frustration.

The FIA is a f***ing joke and the manner in which they asses and administer penalties is f***ing pathetic. I'm about ready to stop watching Formula 1 because of the FIA, and I'm not even joking. Is there nothing that can be done about the ineptitude of the FIA? Who (or what) could possibly help with this problem? Other than assassinating all of the members of the FIA, I really don't see any solution to this horrible problem that plagues this great sport.

I wish they would at least give some sort of justification for their inconsistent and off-the-wall penalty calls. How in GOD'S NAME could they have ever explained the corruption that was evident in the Bourdais penalty.

This is just beyond me. Why the f*** can't the sport find some competent individuals to be a part of the FIA. f***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Eclipsor on 12 Oct 08, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
SB was wrong, FM was right, the stewards saw it correctly. FM was in front and you see SB moving towards his left (plain visible after the contact) and turning into FM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dKvZE0iuU8

It was a racing incident, and didnt deserve a penalty. Of course the FIA will penalise the driver challenging the Ferrari:rolleyes:

It caused FM to spin and lose ground, thus affected the race outcome. What was the regulation posted somewhere here? Penalize if action of driver impedes/prevents overtaking maneuver or somtin' like that.
SB was wrong, FM was right, the stewards saw it correctly. FM was in front and you see SB moving towards his left (plain visible after the contact) and turning into FM.

It was a racing incident, and didnt deserve a penalty. Of course the FIA will penalise the driver challenging the Ferrari:rolleyes:

It caused FM to spin and lose ground, thus affected the race outcome. What was the regulation posted somewhere here? Penalize if action of driver impedes/prevents overtaking maneuver or somtin' like that.

So I guess Hamilton, and Webber should be penalized for getting in the way of Massa :rolleyes:

The point is, it was a combination of both. Bourdais had nowhere to go, and Massa turned into him. I know Massa got there first, but he was only HALF a car length ahead of Bourdais during the turn. What do you want Bourdais to do? Brake and move out of the way?? :rolleyes:
DD is blinkered and wants '[his] boy' to win the championship, so his view is only natural. Even if Bourdais moved to the left, what happened could only be regarded - at worst - as a racing incident, for Formula One cars have poor sideways vision.

So I guess Hamilton, and Webber should be penalized for getting in the way of Massa :rolleyes:

The point is, it was a combination of both. Bourdais had nowhere to go, and Massa turned into him. I know Massa got there first, but he was only HALF a car length ahead of Bourdais during the turn. What do you want Bourdais to do? Brake and move out of the way?? :rolleyes:

Indeed, it's not like Bourdais was being lapped, and where could have Bourdais gone except off track?

I would like to see some onboard camera footage from both cars of the incident.
OK OK OK OK OK,

So If the penalty was given for bourdais for the move at the corner!

What about the over take Massa did on Webber for 8th place when he went on the inside into the PIT LANE EXIT and into turn one.

Hell, as far as im concerned that was the most dangerous and reckless driving in the whole race, if a car had been coming out from the pits it would have been one heck of an accident.

Im obviously saying this on the assumption that cars coming down the straight are unaware if cars are coming out......

There's no regulation that prohibits drivers to use this space, especially when pushed outside by the other driver. FM took a gamble and it worked out.
Drivers re-entering the race from the pits have to do so carefully and safely - I'm sure that's spelled out in the regs.
I'm sure that's spelled out in the regs.

Well, actually, it's not.

Uh, yes. He was re-entering from the pits plus had cold tires - that's what you do in such a situation.
By Webby
OK OK OK OK OK,

So If the penalty was given for bourdais for the move at the corner!

What about the over take Massa did on Webber for 8th place when he went on the inside into the PIT LANE EXIT and into turn one.

Hell, as far as im concerned that was the most dangerous and reckless driving in the whole race, if a car had been coming out from the pits it would have been one heck of an accident.

Im obviously saying this on the assumption that cars coming down the straight are unaware if cars are coming out......

There's no regulation that prohibits drivers to use this space, especially when pushed outside by the other driver. FM took a gamble and it worked out.
Drivers re-entering the race from the pits have to do so carefully and safely - I'm sure that's spelled out in the regs.

I thought they said on the commentary that drivers was not allowed to pass the line into the pit exit.
Uh, yes. He was re-entering from the pits plus had cold tires - that's what you do in such a situation.

Do you? :confused:

Really? I could've sworn this was AUTO RACING, not I'M MOVING OUT OF THE WAY BECAUSE I HAVE COLD TIRES.
Not when you're racing for position, no. As far as I remember from my recent reading through of the International Sporting Code and Formula 1's Sporting Regulations, you only have to yield if the opponent is:

a) On the racing line

AND

b) Is ahead of you (i.e. their front wing is ahead of yours)

See our F1 related articles too!