FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By ManCityFC
Reading through the threads on this website, I have come to the opinion that the FIA have massively painted themselves, well and truly into a corner. By getting involved in the incident with Kimi and Hamilton - because the darlings of Formula 1 felt slightly aggrieved (despite the fact the same thing had happened to De La Rosa by a Ferrari driver a few season's ago and went totally unpunished), they have now forced the punters to scrutinise every nudge, bump, over-brake and line cross. This in turn has now lead to the FIA having no choice but to investigate everything too. What a farce the sport is now.

After the reaction by hardcore F1 fans (screams of corruption and blatant red team bias) to the aforementioned incident, you would think they would be a little more sensible at the FIA when stewarding, however having read the verdict against Bordais/Massa, I again have found my jaw dropping to the floor at the stupidity of the judgement they have made. Massa clearly cut the corner then shunted Bordais, yet Bordais somehow finds himself judged the aggressor? How, how, how, how, how have they come to this conclusion? What race footage are they watching? Is it me? Am I missing something? If it is me then the sport is just to complicated for me to bother watching. I am not exactly thick, but the FIA are making me feel thick. I am totally bemused. I am also, yet again, so angry at the lack of logic and the way that the FIA are forcing people not to bother with the sport I love. Virtually every non-F1 fan is convinced that it is corrupt and as much as I try to defend the decisions the FIA make, another one crops up in the next race that makes as little sense.

They have also set another very dangerous president today. To penalise someone for misjudging the first corner is really, really stupid, especially considering no cars were even tagged in the process. Hamilton only succeeded in flat spoting his tyres. I understand the penalty, and accept it was reckless, but really, penalties in the first corner. Oh good god, the sport is now doomed. The way things are going, we will have to continue to check back 12 hours after EVERY race to find the final result. Crazy, mind numbingly crazy. What sort of sport has this become? I can tell you......a farce.
By racechick
Reading through the threads on this website, I have come to the opinion that the FIA have massively painted themselves, well and truly into a corner. By getting involved in the incident with Kimi and Hamilton - because the darlings of Formula 1 felt slightly aggrieved (despite the fact the same thing had happened to De La Rosa by a Ferrari driver a few season's ago and went totally unpunished), they have now forced the punters to scrutinise every nudge, bump, over-brake and line cross. This in turn has now lead to the FIA having no choice but to investigate everything too. What a farce the sport is now.

After the reaction by hardcore F1 fans (screams of corruption and blatant red team bias) to the aforementioned incident, you would think they would be a little more sensible at the FIA when stewarding, however having read the verdict against Bordais/Massa, I again have found my jaw dropping to the floor at the stupidity of the judgement they have made. Massa clearly cut the corner then shunted Bordais, yet Bordais somehow finds himself judged the aggressor? How, how, how, how, how have they come to this conclusion? What race footage are they watching? Is it me? Am I missing something? If it is me then the sport is just to complicated for me to bother watching. I am not exactly thick, but the FIA are making me feel thick. I am totally bemused. I am also, yet again, so angry at the lack of logic and the way that the FIA are forcing people not to bother with the sport I love. Virtually every non-F1 fan is convinced that it is corrupt and as much as I try to defend the decisions the FIA make, another one crops up in the next race that makes as little sense.

They have also set another very dangerous president today. To penalise someone for misjudging the first corner is really, really stupid, especially considering no cars were even tagged in the process. Hamilton only succeeded in flat spoting his tyres. I understand the penalty, and accept it was reckless, but really, penalties in the first corner. Oh good god, the sport is now doomed. The way things are going, we will have to continue to check back 12 hours after EVERY race to find the final result. Crazy, mind numbingly crazy. What sort of sport has this become? I can tell you......a farce.

Yep and not a damn thing we can do about it. Tragic :(
By racechick
What football team??
By ManCityFC
This sport is a farce...

Just like your football team then eh? :wink:

Funny you should say that...I know another team in red that seem to get the officials sympathy very easily!!!!!
By 7UpJordan
This sport is a farce...

West Ham? :D
By EwanM
This sport is a farce...

Funny you should say that...I know another team in red that seem to get the officials sympathy very easily!!!!!

Nope, not a United supporter either - they're even worse.

This sport is a farce...

West Ham? :D

Them To :D
By scotty
I wouldn't form my own opinion on F1 based on what people on this forum post... :P
By scotty
Especially when the toys are thrown outta the pram after races like these.

You know it. :hehe: Rationality seems to completely go out the window sometimes....
By jsonf1
I wouldn't form my own opinion on F1 based on what people on this forum post... :P

I´m with ya on that one :D

I´m with ya on that one :D

Yup :yes:

See our F1 related articles too!