FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I hope the Piquets get found out and show for the scum they truly are.

he should be stripped of his titles.

Anyone that uses Bullying and Harrasment of a drivers WIFE to upset his opponent is a total muppet.

And then going and calling another rival a "homosexual" in the most insulting terms in practically the same sentence too, today he would cause a bigger uproar than the anti-Hamilton racist fans if he said those things.
The brazilian journalist Reginaldo Leme (the same one that made the scoop) stated that the responsible for "spreading the s***" was NOT Piquet, he said it was someone from Renault... but not Piquet...

Who besides petit Piquet in Renault would like to screw Briatore?
The brazilian journalist Reginaldo Leme (the same one that made the scoop) stated that the responsible for "spreading the s***" was NOT Piquet, he said it was someone from Renault... but not Piquet...

hmmm, hmmmmmm, who wouldn't?
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 0847.shtml

The FIA's investigation into Renault runs even deeper than the sensational claims that Nelson Piquet was told to crash on purpose during the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

The Independent newspaper in Britain quoted a source within the sport's governing body as saying "other issues above and beyond Singapore are also to be looked at."

The investigations reportedly began at Spa Francorchamps last weekend, with engineering boss Pat Symonds and Fernando Alonso among "senior Renault figures" interviewed multiple times, the source added.

The Daily Express newspaper, reporting that team boss Flavio Briatore was also interviewed by a lawyer in Belgium, said Renault executives have already denied the Piquet claims to the FIA.

"Several other engineering staff were also questioned", the newspaper added, while "data and transmission recordings have been removed for examination."

Two men historically close to the French-owned team however have questioned whether the race-fixing rumours are true.

Denis Chevrier left the team over the winter, but he was still Renault's engine chief in Singapore last year.

"In my personal capacity I did not have knowledge of the strategy during the 2008 Grand Prix of Singapore," he told French radio RMC, "but I can ensure you that if this is true then it was in radical opposition to the attitude of Renault."

From a driver's perspective, Franck Montagny - a Renault F1 tester earlier this decade - said he "did not believe" the claims could be true. "Even when you are asked to let someone pass it is annoying," he said, "but to be made to deliberately have an accident is really something else."

Montagny called the rumours "science fiction" and doubted that Briatore could have asked one of his drivers to crash.

"Not even in a dream," the Frenchman said in an interview with 20minutes.fr. "Nobody can give instructions like that; I've never heard anything like that in Formula One."
No surprises. Also with Piquet being sacked? I wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire. I really think they have made a mistake! Piquet should just laugh and do them in. Also, Grojean? Better or worse :rolleyes:
No surprises. Also with Piquet being sacked? I wouldn't spit on them if they were on fire. I really think they have made a mistake! Piquet should just laugh and do them in. Also, Grojean? Better or worse :rolleyes:

What?

Granted both Piquet Sr. and Jr. are d**kheads, but I don't buy into the intentional accident theory. Renault should start legal proceedings against journalist Reginaldo Leme and his employer.

Piquet had over a season and a half to put in a decent showing, and he did not. If anything, it's a wonder he had drive for the beginning of this season. :banghead2:

I could say that's not true, Nelsh*tnho and Regin*ssdo where chatting very friendly through Twitter, and doing jokes about the issue, and also about Grosjean's crash in Spa...

Piquet had over a season and a half to put in a decent showing, and he did not. If anything, it's a wonder he had drive for the beginning of this season. :banghead2:

:yes:

What?

Basically major chicken ups. & Briatorre has took the cheap way out? In which as cost him more than what he expected? Grojean is doing worse. Get Fisichella back in there!!!

True, True. He is terrible, but then he has been dominant in different category seasons e.g GP2, Formula Renault. But for all the greats, it always takes 2 seasons to get to grips with it. Check Hamilton's stats in each and every category. 2 seasons it took to be champion, excluding GP2. He did amazing in that because there were speculations he was testing in a McLaren F1 car already and the Gp2 car was very easy to drive. But that's going of the topic.

Piquet should of got better, but in conclusion did not. Neither will Grojean! i feel a Heikki moment coming along. F1 drivers now days just get F1 opportunities through money!!! Does not make our F1 any better :yawn:

See our F1 related articles too!