FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
No contest. James Hunt.

Must be a USA race, as he appears to be drinking a Schlitz, and the way the Europeans piss and moan about American beer, I assume he would only be drinking it if there wasn't anything "better" available.
No contest. James Hunt.

Must be a USA race, as he appears to be drinking a Schlitz, and the way the Europeans piss and moan about American beer, I assume he would only be drinking it if there wasn't anything "better" available.

I think it's the 1977 US Grand Prix but I could be wrong.
:yes: +100 !

:thumbup:

I don't think anymore proof is needed after the first photo but, because I've always had a little bit of a crush on him, I'd quite like to post some more anyway.

ImageImage
James Hunt - the kind of personality most modern F1 drivers should try and be more like. Imagine if he was racing today and McLaren gave him a nice little corporate script to read off? He'd probablly make it into a paper plane and chuck it out of the window and do the interview with no shoes or socks on. :hehe:
By Gaz
i find it funny that Kimi seams to admire hunt. Few weeks before the Formula 1 2007 championship Kimi entered a snow mobile race wearing a monkey suit under the name James Hunt.

Yet of all the drivers in F1 i wouldn't really say Kimi is alot like hunt.
i find it funny that Kimi seams to admire hunt. Few weeks before the Formula 1 2007 championship Kimi entered a snow mobile race wearing a monkey suit under the name James Hunt.

How so? I can see a few similarities myself...

I was shocked when I heard that Hunt was Kimi's idol too. Although there are a few Kimi instances that remind me of Hunt (falling off a boat drunk, saying some rather crude things, etc.), but for the most part he's nothing like him.

How so? I can see a few similarities myself...

I'd say Hunt was a little more emotional, to the point of being prone to fighting. Kimi is completely unemotional, at least on the surface.
I'd say Hunt was a little more emotional, to the point of being prone to fighting. Kimi is completely unemotional, at least on the surface.

Ah right, i see now. Just to explain, the similarities i see are the kind of 'playboy' attitude, ie drinking and such, and what may almost seem like a lack of professionalism outside the car, yet when they get in they are still capable of beating everyone! :hehe:
"Can you give me a cigarette? Can I grab that cigarette off you, thanks" :hehe:

Ah right, i see now. Just to explain, the similarities i see are the kind of 'playboy' attitude, ie drinking and such, and what may almost seem like a lack of professionalism outside the car, yet when they get in they are still capable of beating everyone! :hehe:

They do have that in common, both definitely liked a drink, neither could give a damn what people think of them and they both would say whatever they want :hehe:
By Gaz
Kimi is not nearly eccentric as Hunt, also Hunt was just a really top bloke, and all around nice guy.

Like when he was beaten by the late great Gilles Villeneuve in a formula atlantic race he arranged for Gilles to have a debut with Mclaren.

I can never in a million years see kimi doing that ever.

Also Hunt took Gilles death really badly yet Kimi seamed not really that intrested in his team mates accident.
By Gaz
I dunno, he hasn't really done any public dedication or anything but he seems to have had a shot up the arm with Massa's accident.

Well if you watch this Video

You can see Kimi's reaction compared to the other drivers is abit half assed.

I don't know might be being picky but considering how it could of been him he could of showned abit more compasion.

See our F1 related articles too!