FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By iFuel
It was published a while ago at spanish newspaper AS website...
since I can't read anything in spanish I let google do the translation... so don't expect to understand everything

"Bernie Ecclestone led to the entry of Adrian Campos with his team in Formula 1 and just trigger his departure. British tycoon has reached an agreement with Jose Ramon Carabante, majority shareholder in Target Areas, to abandon the former driver and team management is in Bahrain, but under another name. The headquarters will remain in rented facilities in Adrian in Alzira (Valencia). The employer has made Murcia six million euros with which cars are unlocked and Dallara has also secured the sale of the team in 2011 at Volkswagen. Colin Kolles will be the team boss.

The multinational company had already developed an interest in entering the F-1, and Bernie has seen the Spanish project the ideal place for landing purposes. Adrian, signed in Madrid yesterday leaving, going through a tough time. After closing the sale of the South African team after Teixeira in exchange for continued at the helm and retain staff, the money never arrived, and now his dream will have another head to the front.

The Spanish team will continue this year with Cosworth Dallara ramp and currently only a pilot confirmed, Bruno Senna. Also keep the 120 employees already working in training.

Stefan GP lived pending the resolution of the case Campos, but must now look at the uncertain future of USF1. The Serbian millionaire Stefanovic has the Toyota engine and chassis, and continues in its efforts to contest the first race."

In short, Bernie made an agreement with Jose Ramon Cabarante, Adrian Campos was kicked from the team, the team will run with another name this year an it'll be VW works team in 2011..
Since it's from AS I take this with a grain of salt.. but F1 is so crazy lately...

Source: http://www.as.com/motor/articulo/formul ... imot_1/Tes
By f1 shoemaker
Am not sure of this but can Stefan be even allowed to race with a Toyota chassis I mean didn't every team have to build their own chassis for this year like Toro Rosso did or am I wrong?
By Gilles 27
Every team has to have a unique chassis, I'm not sure it matters if somebody else builds it. Dalara are supposed to be building Campos's for example.

As fro VW, they would surely want to build their own chassis and engines, if they wanted to come into F1 this way, why not just grab the old Toyotas when they has the chance. That would surely have been a better bet than attempting to salvage Campos. I always felt that VW wouldn't enter until turbos or diesels were permitted. It seems unlikely to me, this one...
By headless
Everythinh is happening in the run up to this season.
If it happend throughout a season it would be everntful.
This is all at once!!
Pre season greed
By Gilles 27
We need this kind of stuff at this time of the year though! I end up watching NASCAR out of desperation most years, waiting for the F1 season to begin
By darwin dali
We need this kind of stuff at this time of the year though! I end up watching NASCAR out of desperation most years, waiting for the F1 season to begin

Boo, boo, BOOOO! :thumbdown::P:P
By Gaz

i watched ARCA last week

i need to go to ARCA annoymous
By Gilles 27

i watched ARCA last week

i need to go to ARCA annoymous

We need help! :spaz:
By Jensonb
Stefan should really think twice before racing those Toyotas. Throttle might stick open.

Sorry, someone had to do it.
By myownalias
Stefan should really think twice before racing those Toyotas. Throttle might stick open.

Maybe that'd be a good thing, certainly make it go faster :hehe:

ON TOPIC; I am not overwhelmed by the prospect of manufacturers joining the sport given the recent exodus.
By 7UpJordan
So does this mean the Campos team entity will be still in this season and Bruno Senna can make his debut?

I don't care what happens to the Campos team as long as we see Senna making his debut.

See our F1 related articles too!